Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting Out of Hoboken

Yesterday morning I had plans to meet up with a former colleague in Montclair. We were to meet at 9:30 at the Starbucks on Bloomfield Ave. I used to live in Upper Montclair and knew it should take about 30 minutes. In fact Google Maps says it should take 29 minutes and up to 50 minutes in traffic. So I left at 8:45 thinking that would give me enough time as I thought the traffic would be in the other direction going toward the city. Was I wrong. I didn't arrive until 10:20, a 90 minute trip to go 15 miles! The whole hold up was getting onto 495, the road coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel. Traffic was diverted along the service road until the intersection with the Turnpike ramp and with stoplights every block I must have sat in traffic for an hour. However, once on Rt 3 I flew.

If I get a job where I can live in Hoboken I will most likely have to drive to work heading west so this was definitely an eye opener for me.

No comments: