Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update

Unfortunately I had a setback with my pulled glute muscle so I haven't been out and about much in Hoboken. But I do want to write about a few things. One is Sri Thai, a Thai restaurant on the corner of 3rd and Bloomfield. Fortunately for me they deliver and I have had the Shrimp Pad Thai a number of times over the last 3 weeks. I love Pad Thai, particularly the taste of the ground peanuts. Some places make it a bit too dry but not Sri Thai. For me just perfect. I also recommend the Tom Kha Koong. Its a shrimp soup with coconut milk. And of course you can't go wrong with Thai iced tea. They do have dining area but the few times I've eaten there I found the space a bit too cramped. You can find additional reviews here.

Since moving here I have been looking forward to walking the water front along the stretch where Maxwell place is. Due to construction, one had to walk back to Hudson street between 11th and 12th. Now the streets along this stretch of the river are open but views are limited due to drapings on the fences separating the sidewalk from the waterfront pier construction.

The last thing I want to tell you about is East Coast Spine, Joint and Sport Medicine on 7th and Bloomfield. One good thing about my setback with my pulled muscle is that I am getting the professional help I need. So far the experience there has been exceptional.

1 comment:

Mary Lois said...

You're a Pad Thai fan too! Every time I go to a Thai restaurant that's what I order. I want to try other things, but I love it so much I almost always get it. There used to be a decent frozen version, but I haven't been able to find it lately. I'm going to your Thai place myself.